Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's all happening...

I can't believe it really has been five years since our dossier was logged in, in China.  Our actual fifth anniversary is on May 24, but this is close enough.  As with most additions to a family you start out naive.  I thought, yes, we will adopt from China.  She will be a gift from God, as is any child, and we will have a complete family.  At the time we were told it would take about 18 months.  It seemed like a lifetime away, 18 months.  Now we know what a wait really feels like.

Still, I would not change a moment of this journey because this child, my child (and Terry's too, of course) is exactly that, my child as she was destined to be.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you in China! I'm so excited for you! Say 'hi' to Chongqing for me!Have a save trip!
    Hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Speed Girly Girl...I'm so excited for you, your family and of course Grandma! Keep writing cause I'll be reading.

    Enjoy every moment,

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage, and vaya con Dios. A whole lot of prayers are going with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia, if Emma takes you to the pearl market, check out "Mao Sheng Jewelry". That's where I bought pearls for Jasmine. I fell in love with pink pearls and had to have them. I was hoping they wouldn't be too expensive and to my surprise they weren't. I forgot to tell you about "Mao Sheng Jewelry" earlier. I remembered this morning, because I'm wearing the free gift (a pendant)they gave me with my purchase :-). Gotta love them free gifts with purchase in China. Hugs, Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a lot of us out here anxious to see you with your daughter. Good journey from a RQ May Friend. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys,
    how was your flight? What do you think of Beijing so far? Enjoy your day of sightseeing tomorrow!
    Anxiously waiting for an update.
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete